|[click on image above to enlarge it]|
|Excerpt from What to do with Abusive Rabbis|
We cannot say any of the tragedies that have befallen us in recent years are a direct consequence of the particular injustices by Young Israel of Las Vegas to a widow and the discrimination against a wheelchair-bound veteran US Army Chaplain (click to view letter NCYI turns a blind eye to) or to the Torah elder drenched with water or the broadcast on the radio by the "rabbi" of Young Israel in Las Vegas where he says "the Torah does NOT prohibit prostitution"! Yet how can the national Young Israel stand by and allow these things the Mishnah warns us about to continue?
- That it was built on Shabbos and the construction on Shabbos was actively inspected on Shabbos by the "rabbi"
- "the Torah does NOT prohibit prostitution"
- It has shul officers who are NOT Shabbos observant. This violates a basic requirement of the Young Israel charter
- After raising money from the community for a brand new Sefer Torah, the shul held a Hachnosas Sefer Torah. A very short time after the event Yitz Wyne removed the handles (atzai chaim) and the cover from the brand new Sefer Torah and placed them on an old Sefer Torah. He secretly returned the brand new Sefer Torah to the sofer for a refund of most the money previously paid. One of the congregants learned of this when the sofer asked him where else he could sell the brand new Sefer Torah. What are the halachos regarding money raised specifically for a new Sefer Torah? Where did the refunded money actually go after Wyne received it?
- More than once served food clearly cooked on Shabbos upon instruction of the "rabbi" who only has Rav uManhig ordination. The following is a statement from a former congregant who was forced to leave the synagogue:
On Shabbos my husband went into the shul kitchen as they were preparing for a kiddush and noticed that they were mixing mocha mix in hot noodles...clearly Bishul. My husband called in Mr. Wyne [she refuses to address him as "rabbi"] and this was his response "just serve it- no one will know about it". There were witnesses to this. After this incident my husband approached Mr. Wyne privately with a Mishna Brurah and was told "just put that book away!" The entire letter can be read at this linkOn another occasion Wyne also said to go ahead and serve bourekas which had just been baked on Shabbos, that no one would know (except the witnesses who spoke up about it). Who knows how many other times the same thing happened?
- Specifically leaves its parking spaces open on Shabbos contrary to the long-standing Young Israel rule. It was declared by the rabbi of the Kew Gardens Synagogue that Young Israel of Las Vegas will never even put up a sign not to park in front of the Young Israel on Shabbos!
- Placed large advertisements on bus shelters saying "Come to YOUNG ISRAEL to meet Jewish chicks"